tramadol generic and trade nameSeen any shiny objects lately?
It’s impossible not to because someone is always putting them in front of us.
And whether they promise more money, more Internet traffic or some combination thereof, there’s a seemingly infinite number of them.
Here’s what I’ve found.
One of the best mandates you can follow is to ignore the shiny objects.
Ignore the shiny objects and instead hone your core direct marketing and advertising skills.
Because every productive minute you spend today doing this can pay dividends for years to come.
And there are few direct marketing practitioners around who can hold a candle to Drayton Bird.
David Ogilvy said of him: “Drayton Bird knows more about direct marketing than anyone in the world.” Ogilvy also put his money where his mouth was and bought Drayton’s ad agency.
Drayton has been kind enough to share an extraordinary video with us.
I call it…
One U.S. marketer said if he’d been getting Drayton’s free ideas he would never have wasted his time (or money) on an MBA.
Here are some of the highlights from this video:
- 3:59 The only 3 ways to succeed in business
- 11:39 Secrets for finding out whether something will sell before you launch it
- 10:23 Drayton dissects the response boasting power of not one but dozens of copy and graphic elements in this blockbuster insert. The additive effect this can have on your profits is astonishing.
- 20:35 Drayon’s client knows a few things about direct marketing. At last count, he was worth 531 million pounds. Drayton puts his ad on the x-ray screen and unveils the nuances of his lead generating machine.
- 21:41 What you need to know about the “ladder of loyalty” and why it means everything to direct marketing pros.
- 24:55 Why it’s necessary to explain “why” whenever you offer something free.
- 28:23 When to give up chasing prospects
- 29:10 Drayton’s take on this 1,909-word classic space ad…and a surprising benefit of long copy for those who *don’t* read.
- And much more…